Monday, June 23, 2014

Tornado???? Just Kidding!


Well I forgot my planner today, so trying to remember everything from this past week will be interesting.
 
First off! It has been four months today since I was set apart!! CRAZY!!
 
Tuesday.... There was a pretty bad storm on Tuesday.... haha so the way for Sister Hill and Sister Weidmann to get home was mega flooded. (We had district meeting so we all met at the church) so its a miracle that they got there without flooding the engine or something... But it was still raining super hard after the meeting so they called president wall and he told them to stay with us until it got better. So they came with us! We went and did service at a members house and it was raining ever harder! I could wring out water from my skirt!! So we stayed at the members house for a little bit to wait out the storm. For being a place that rains a lot their drainage systems aren't wuite up to par so I didn't want to drive until things calmed down a bit! and they did about an hour later! The weather here is so bipolar because it was just sunny and hot! :) But it was super fun to be able to spend some time with them!! THey are like our best friends! :) So that was fun! :) But tmost of our afternoon apt. cancelled on us b/c they didnt want us driving in the storm!
 
Wednesday was asked if they needed any help with mutual, so we went over to the leadres house and helped and then agreed that we would do part of the lesson that night. Unfortunately we doubled booked ourselves without realizing it so we had to find some people to do splits with! So we each went with a yw from the ward for a portion of the after noon and then met back up at mutal! Bu tin the end when we were talking about it we realized that we were both where we needed to be with the person we were with! So it was super fun to get to know the yw a little better!! We are arranging for some of them to spend a day this summer with us and come see what missionary life/work is all about! :) so that should be super fun!! YW was great! and we ever got a wendy's frosty out of it! :)
 
Thursday we had exchanges!! Those are always so fun! I went to South Baton Rouge with Sister Stennet! It was super fun!! :) We were pretty busy! We helped clean this womans house......... gross....... first off she asked how old I was and I said 19. She said" wow I thought you were 29! But thats okay becuase I thought your compnaion over there was 7!" Man she knows how to lift people up!!  But we are cleaning this womans house. Now I dont have a weak stomach but my stomach was in my throat. I was about to toss my cookies any moment. Just from the smell and looking at food that had been out for 4 weeks..... So sister stennet is doing the dishes and then she gasps and her face goes pale......... I hesistantly go over b/c I am afraid of what I might see..... then I see it.... or should I say them.... maggots....everywhere in this one dish that was at the bottom. I nearly lose it then. Sister stennet who doesn't have a weak stomach either wants to lose it about then. So the woman takes the whole container and just chucks it over the railing of her aprtment complex!!! WHAT!!! oh my gosh it was so gross and I about puked everywhere!! We powered through and finished though!! then went and had a lesson with their investigaotr from gladys knight who is getting baptized this saturday! She is so awesome and wow.......thats all I can say........ wow! We had a good time talking about k-love songs!! :)
 
Friday we were going to exchange back after studies but this text comes in telling us not to leave our appartments b/c of a tornado watch. It was storming and their were winds of about 45 mph but there wasnt a torando!! but we were only on lockdown for 30 min. The funny thing is that sister hill and sister weidmann were the reasons! They called the office and told them there was a tornado by their house! but it was just bad wind! ahaha when i had them reinact what it was like and what they did I nearly peed my pants! Just imagine two siters in a bathtub with bikehelmets on their heads!! ahahah it was super funny! I will ahveto record them telling the story!! :) But we exchanged back and then wnet on our way!
 
*There was no actual tornado! Just overreactant sisters! :) *
 
Saturday. I could not focus all day. at all. like I already have ADD and focussing problems but when you mix those with being able to see my best friend it was just to much for my little mind to handle! It had been 3 1/2 months since I have seen and even really talked to sister Dixon!!!!!!!! So the fact that we were going out to dinner and then she got to spend the night at our apartment was just too much!! :) But we made it through all our appointments for the day and they went to pick them up from the stake center! (The drove the 2 hours with members from their ward) It was honestly one of the best moments so far! She might have even shed a little tear but shhhhh dont tell her I said anything! :) It was so good and just what the both of us needed! We were able to just talk and be together for like 18 hours is all but that was really all either of us needed! We have NO idea when we will see each other next so it was good! :) Plus it was Sister Steeles b-day so it was just a good day all around!!!
 
Sunday
Stake conference! it was really good! the saturday night session is when our recent convert spoke! I was SUPER nervous about that but he did a GREAT job!! I really wanted to make a sign to hold up cheering him on but I figured that would be a little irreverant! :) So I just told him afterwards!! :) Bu tthe sunday session was good!! :)  It seemed super long! But it was good!!! :) Pres and sis Wall spoke so that was good!! I am sooooooo sad that they are leaving!!! :( Really though! I am sad and  little scared about how strict this next president is going to be b/c pres wall is one of the most relaxed presidents! But we will see!! After atake conference I had to say goodbye to sister dixon! It was actually harder than I thought it was going to be and I am going through some withdrawals now!! :) I just love her so much! And we are just best friends! And it was like having a little taste of home for a bit! :) But I am grateful that i was able to see her fo rth short time that we did! :) But after that we went with the STL's and sister hill and sister weidmann (the plaquettes) and ate lunch at the Laupers! It was super super fun! like alot! You might want to check her blog because she took pics and said she was going to update it that night!! :) But after that we went and visited some less actives and then went home to finish our day with our studies!!
 
Today we are going to the Zoo as a district b/c its sister Hills bday today and it was siter steeles on satuday!! Yay for parties!! :)
 
I love you guys! I am doing really well, I am happy, and up until this weekend, I hadn't laughed so hard since we took flight going over those railroad tracks in Utah or that time when Max and Ethan threw tomatos all over the house!! :)
 
I pray for y'all everday!! I love you!!
 
Your favorite missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment